Are you an aspiring singer that wants to make it to the Bollywood music industry? If yes, then you’ve come to the right place! Here at Odia MP3, we will provide you with various tips and tricks so that you can take your skills to the next level.
With some time and dedication, rest assured that you can increase your chances of breaking out into Bollywood. Keep reading to know more below.
Familiarize yourself with Bollywood.
Before trying several practices to enhance your singing skills, the first thing you should do is learn more about Bollywood films and culture. Fortunately, a lot of films have already been produced by the Bollywood industry, so you will have no difficulties searching for them. Here are some you must keep in mind:
When watching Bollywood films, try familiarizing yourself with films starring some of the icons of the genre. Some of the most popular artists include:
- Arjun Rampal
- Amitabh Bhachan
- Salman Khan
The only downside to this, however, is that you may not make as much money as a Bollywood star as you would in the US film industry.
Get involved with theatre and drama clubs.
Aside from the singing skills you need to have, you will need to know how to act. Since many Bollywood movies tell stories through the use of a song, so the ability to play a character is vital.
Take voice lessons.
Regardless if you have a naturally talented voice, singing requires a certain level of technical skill. So, if you want to sing professionally, you need to develop a certain amount of expertise regarding singing. For this reason, we recommend looking for a tutor to give your voice lessons. Not only can this help improve your pitch, tone, and delivery, but also increase your chances of joining the Bollywood music industry.
- For instance, if you know other people who sing, ask them about where they take voice lessons.
- If you don’t have the time to attend face-to-face voice lessons, then try to find a tutor that accepts online lessons. You can either use something like Skype to talk to a tutor through your laptop.
- On the contrary, if voice lessons are out of your budget, try to find free singing tutorials online. Although they might not be as accurate as one-on-one tutoring, rest assured that you can still learn a bit about the craft of singing from such tutorials.
One way to gain confidence in performing professionally in Bollywood is by performing in local places. This will not only help you cope emotionally as you work towards your dreams but also gain valuable experience performing for an audience. Here are other tips to keep in mind:
- Try to sign up for local talent shows, fairs, and other events where you can perform for many people.
- You can also join an open mic night at a local establishment and play your songs during the course of the evening.